Monday, March 20, 2006

You Know You Want It

You know the feeling if you have one, your computer is just not a computer, it's a MAC. We never call them computers! While we talk lovingly and longingly about our dear friends, others condemn their's to mere machines. Call me a snob and I graciously take the title when it comes to my MAC.

If there's a problem, it's never, "My fucking computer crashed, stupid piece of shit!". When you own a MAC you'd never curse it out and if there's a problem, it's almost as if you're taking your beloved puppino to the vet, all of sudden there is rise for true concern and deep worry sets in as you start meditating good vibes to your baby Apple.

When you see a 'puter in a movie, it's never a Dell, dude, but rather the sleekest, newest, sexiest MAC. You never hear people say, "Wow, did you see the new IBM tower? They're making it in BLACK! It's fucking tits!" Nope. I bet everyone can remember when they saw the new flat panel iMac for the first time and said, "WTF?! That is soooooo coooooool!"

When you own a PC you have to have a special room or armoire to keep it in because it's so damn fugly. With a MAC anyplace, anywhere is just fine.

If you own an iPod you have had a taste of the Apple. It will just make you want more, especially if you're a creative type, experimenting with Photoshop, Illustrator or ProTools. You can stand back and guffaw and put the MAC down. Remember, apples float and deep down, we know you want to toss that sinkable PC off the Brooklyn Bridge.

Why deny yourself? In the beginning and the end, it all comes down to temptation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly. I cannot agree more. My life is so much better since I made the switch a while ago.

Anonymous said...

Right on, my friend! You MUST have an iPod, no? I admit, I have the U2 iPod, but alas, it does not have video or photo capabilities. :( I also have a Bose Soundock that I adore although I wish that came in black. Boo Hoo. Whassssss up?

Anonymous said...

I should blog about the joy of Apple.

For me I have an ipod, and honestly the shift was not truly complete until I got it done. The ability to put my calender and contact information in there is amazing.
If you want to sell your U2 ipod, and get a photo one, let me know. I am amaware that there cutting out the 60 soon, and would love to get my hands on one before its over.

Anonymous said...

Yes, please do and while you're at it, why doncha email your blog adress, too! Okay... you've stumped me... are you talking 60gb or what? I could never part with my U2 iPod, partly because I love the RED click wheel, and because I've always been a U2 geek, it would be blasphemous, no doubt. Yes and I'm sure you know you can sync all of your calendar and contact info w/ the iPod, right?

Anonymous said...

email me at

corvinod@gmail.com

Then I will turn you onto the blog, which I already told you about.

No, if you want to sell the U2 one, so that you can buy a video iPOD,I would buy it from you.