Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Monday Night Excite!

Yesterday my mother looked at the new Toyota FJ Cruiser. Base price on the 4 x 4 is about $23,000. Add all of the things that make it killer cute and you're at $31,000 plus change. That's with no leather, amigo. Still, it's crazily adorable to me and I wanted to take a look. I can't say that it replaces the Honda Element in my heart because really, they have two completely different functions. With the Element it's about cargo space and being a complete slob as you can wash the whole thing out. I'm not sure if you'd want to do that with the FJ and space is as tight as a scared sphincter.

In any case, I decided to venture out last night and see what all the hubub was about. I put my dumpster out in the driveway as usual when I came home from work. I made din-din and at about 7:30 I put a very sleepy Snowflake in the car.

I must have been overwhelmed with the impending excitement of seeing the FJ as I flew out of the driveway and whacked the dumpster half way across the road. I was momentarily stunned. Across the street, my darling of a dry drunk neighbor who knows all about knocking things over(another story) and his family looked on. I got out and explained how I forgot it was there and blah, blah, blah. He probably thought I had a few 'tails.

After that entertaining thrill I cruised out to the dealership, waiting at the lights I think I saw a buddy leaving his job at the local college. Was that you? Anyway, I looked and I looked, no FJ. What the?! I saw a salesman walking into the building so I reversed the Slaab(no misspelling) and asked him what the deal was.

Apparently someone was so smitten with this VooDoo Blue FJ, he had followed the transporter into the dealership, bought it and drove it away in a matter of hours. What a waste of a trip, Snowflake was now passed out completely. I ended up taking a few photos of some cool neon signs in two very seedy parts of town. I did accomplish something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you got me all excited. You mentioned the Element and said you were goig to check out what the commotion was about. I thought I was going to get a report on the element. I guess I'll have to wait and see it for myself.