Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sleeping Dragons & Good Days

Today was a productive day. Add some very temperate weather and I'd even call it excellent. Pity I didn't leave the casa. I did get the weekly chores done. I dug in and shop-vac-ed the entire house. I LOVE my shop-vac. The house is completely hardwood except for the kitchen, so it does a stellar job of removing unwanted dust bunnies and all the tiny things you can't see. I use a drywall filter on it so it holds the micro particles well. Step two is Swiffering to pick up any thing that got blown by. Step three is my beloved FloorMate. Damn, how I love that little whore!

I was able to open the windows and let fresh Spring air permeate the house. I dusted and rearranged some of the furniture as well. By 3pm Snowflake was on overload and grabbed the back of my pants as I got up from the sofa and fell flat on his head. Poor fella! He was ready for his descent into naptime. This allowed me to fold all of the laundry, put it away AND take a leisurely bath, do-my-do and write as I type here and now. Bless that little radical!

I feel so spritely and spunky I put on my Keen sandals. Gee mom, I feel so fresh!

I was lounging in the tub and I started thinking of movies I really like. It seems like whenever I fill out a 'profile' I'm never prepared and always forget what I'm especially fond of. What I really like or I should say who I really like is Helen Mirren. When my brothers and I were little we watched Excalibur(ca.1981) over and over. We were allowed to watch some R rated movies at an early age. This is why we became so twisty bread.

Evil Morgana's Charm of Making became our mantra and we used to run around saying, "oos vas bethud, o tel diend-ay" or something like that. She was so stunning and the film is simply magical. Beautiful scenery and costumes...bewitching.

I thought about how classy and talented she is. Then it hit me, how in the hell could I have forgotten about The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover? This isn't a movie for everyone, but I LOVE it. The sets are abstract yet decadent. The music incredible. The costumes all by Jean Paul Gautier breathtaking! The feasting! It's kind of Avant-Garde but the plot is actually very timeless.

And that's all the time we have for this moment as the little Cupie has awoken in a manner similar to a fire breathing dragon. Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can eat off my toilet seat too. Clean is good.