Monday, March 13, 2006

In Season

Friday one of our subcontractors came in. He's from a little town just north of our burgeoning metropolis. A sweet little town, home to my granny and ironically, lots of methheads.

"Hey, does Barb still have Barb's Place, her bar?" I ask.

"Yeah, she sure does" Little Dick says in his sandpaper and whiskey voice.(Yes, his nickname from HS is seriously LD, he went to HS with my coworker).

"Is that a lesbian bar? The two times I stopped there a few years ago there were some really burly gals there. I know Barb isn't gay, but man there were alot of flannel wearing, mullet sporting women out there, " I add.

"Nah, it's no lesbo bar. Those are the kind of chicks we pick up and take to the shack during deer season. You take a fat chick from New Wood up there and you don't want anyone to know," he rasps.

"You've got to be kidding me," I laugh.

"No, I'm not. Seriously, those are some real cornfed bitches."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. That reminds me of a Sex in the Coty episode that features a hole-in-wall Chinese restaurant that's used by people are ashamed of their dates.

OMG! I just went back through my blog and read your comment about not having DSL. Okay, deep breaths here, SERIOIUSLY? You must have a high speed alternative, right? We have high speed cable. I can't imagine doing anything on dial up anymore, especially post pictures. I'd probably throw my computer against the wall in fits of frustration.

Woman, I'm ordering The Splendid Table subscrition from Audible.com when I finish this comment. You call your dsl company. Then we'll both have accomplished something this morning that will enrich our lives.

Okay, I guess I'm being presumptive that you haven't already accomplished anything. From the sound of yesterday's blog, I hope you're taking it easy today. I just crawled out of bed (yes, it's 9:30). Finally caught up on sleep and recovered from emotional overstimulation from last week. My yobo (korean term of endearment) had coffee waiting for me when I got downstairs. Very sweet. My heart is still tingling...

Anonymous said...

Done, I have the March 10th podcast downloading a I type!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny and sad in a way.

Anonymous said...

I have nightmares of being forced to go down on burly, corn-fed snatch...not really..but I thought it would be a funny comment to your post.