Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Not Your Mother's Easter Bunny

Last Friday a 38 year old guy beat his 40 year old wife to death. Well, not exactly. My coworker just happened to be driving by the scene in a town not too far from here as it was unfolding while out on the job. Cops were swarming like bees, he said. Earlier in the day, this dickwad redneck 'suspect' called a funeral home to make arrangements for his wife's body to be picked up. They asked him what the cause of death was and he hung up. They called the police and the rest is history.

He refused to be arrested! He wouldn't leave his house. They tasered him twice and finally had to physically remove him from his home. This morning the nasty horrid details are leaking out and the news reported that they found the ceramic ears from an Easter Bunny candy dish rammed down her throat. Actually they broke right off as he used it to suffocate her. Freakishly sad. I'd say we have a Twin Peaks moment here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woa, what can one think about a story like this? How bizarre and sad and troubling. I go about my life thinking everything is reasonably normal, then get slapped in the face with the realization that there are some effed up people in the world.

Anonymous said...

That's the worst thing I've heard in a LONG time. Ugh. Poor woman.

Anonymous said...

That is messed up. Very sad.

Anonymous said...

But you know I have to ask, what funeral home did he call....

Anonymous said...

my post didn't go through! Original statement: I have to ask, what funeral home...

Anonymous said...

I'll find out for you. Are you missing the smell of embalming fluid?!? JK ;P