Monday, March 27, 2006

Remember the Alamo


I've always loved old neon signs, especially classic 1950's Motel art advertising. Las Vegas has turned the old icons into a decorative museum right down town. Designing neon is a lost art form itself and there's nothing else like classic Americana during the great Motor Age. I was partly inspired by the photostream of CubMommy's hubby. They live in one of the great midwestern meccas that still has some cool stuff to shoot. My goal is to capture any old dinosaur I see and share it here.

alamo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics!! Very interesting Native American child naked carrying toolboxes? Hubby actually has a few more signs he needs to post. They are pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they remind me of the old Coppertone ads with the puppy. Weird though, why the tool boxes.

I guess with all the skin cancer warnings, Coppertone should chane it's name to Pastytone.