Friday, March 31, 2006

Moonstone

frogskin

Yesterday and today are one of those days when you can't tell quite where you're at. It could be the end of fall OR the beginning of Spring. Cold and dreary, the drizzle could turn to snow or is it going to thunder? The contacts in my eyes are long over due for their final farewell voyage down the drain. Yet, I can't seem to throw them away because they are my last green pair, but my eyes are blue. The ring on my finger reminds me of murky frogskin, the inside of an oyster, its mysterious nachre, the swamp or the sky. It was like the colors of these past two days. Mutability. Make up your mind already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ring! Beautiful writing, too. :) Here in 'sunny' california, it started out sunny and nice, and now it's raining. We've had more days of rain this March than in any March in the last 100 years. Oddly, I'm not tired of it, because I know that the long dry summer is ahead, and everything turns brown, and I am enjoying the green-ness of everything. Nice to enjoy the season you're in. It's hard for me in August, when it's 105 outside. At least it's a dry heat, as they say.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I had a moody day today. Couldn't tell if I was antsy or just crabby. Couldn't catch my breath. Kinda felt murky, like the ring. Do you really wear green contacts?

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Ack! Isn't it strange how weather actually does become very interesting past a certain age. I confess! I've watched 'Weather Stories' on the WC. Shhh! Don't tell. I love this ring, too. It's very natural, earthy and raw to me even though it's polished.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I think you are my long lost sister, or fraternal sister or something. I love the weather channel. It's my ALL TIME favorite, I espically love it for the Local Weather, it's the music. Also, I totaly dig maps. All kinds of maps. I even have a map tattooed on my skin.. that's how much I love maps. Maps are our portals to tomorrow, and yesterday. Maps Rock. I look for kewl sites on the internet for maps. Ok, now I'm sounding weird. heh. Back to the weather channel, I love how they get festive during the xmas holidays, and jazzy during the fall. If you are 35 yrs old, I want a paternity test STAT! Okay, I'm done rambling.

Anonymous said...

Ah, if only we lived closer, we could go and have our morning SMACK(AKA coffee) together! We definitely share a connection and I love jazz, it's so relaxing, especially when you combine it with maps AND weather. ;P