Friday, March 10, 2006

Chocolate Confessions


I confess, I am 37 years old and I still wear pig tails on occasion. It's interesting to note that when I wear them , I usually get a "Miss" instead of a "ma'am". I'll take it, hun! Breakfast with my baby is a fun time of day. Lately, I've been lying to him though. He doesn't know that YES, in fact there are two huge gallons of Tropicana OJ in the fridge. If he could, he would live strictly on a diet of orange juice and chocolate. I've had to cut him off so that he drinks more chocolate Silk and actually eats something. Maybe I am sending him mixed messages. This morning I made him a cherry toaster strudel. It's breakfast junk food to me, but I was in a hurry. Sorry, Snowflake! After he scarffed it down he wanted another. Instead, I bribed him with a mini bar of Hershey's Dark Chocolate with Blueberries, Cranberries and Almonds(antioxidants!) while I took Charles out for his morning constitution.
Speaking of chocolate and constitutionals, yesterday I began the process of cleaning up all of his "dead soldiers" that emerged from their wintery graves. It was like being at the Arlington National Cemetary of Poopsicles. Turds everywhere, some mangled beyond recognition, others perfectly preserved as if they were shat two seconds ago. I crossed my heart, tied my hair back, took a deep breath and began the work with the utmost most care. Damn, the crude tools wreaking havoc on my surgical skills! The work was devastingly gruesome, but crucial. With most of them deposited in a mass grave in the dumpster, I went inside and treated myself to a glass of wine for a job well done. In rememberance, I ate a piece of chocolate.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your hair with pig-tails!!

Anonymous said...

Otto and I walked by your house today, apparently you have a great pooping yard! I promise though I always pick up after him! ALWAYS!

Anonymous said...

If only dogs would clean up after themselves. Lazy little shits. We had maggie trained to crap along the side of the house. Then we got Khyber and she refuses to go on anything but grass. Which is in full sight of all the back windows along the house. Then she looks preturbed if you watch her do her taking-a-dump-ballet. It's so funny to see all her feet within two inches of each other while she's relieving herself.

p.s. also love the pigtails. i didn't realize your hair was so long.

Anonymous said...

2nd attempt to post here. I can't follow directions tonite. Sorry if you got 2. Anyhoo, I have a poop minefield in my backyard. I'm going to post a pic of it on my blog B4 i start to clean up. Chow! oh, cute cheeks. (on the boy).

Anonymous said...

Um K, I've had a few tazos of vino this evening, but I'm looking at this second picture of myself and I'm thinking I look alot like Meg Ryan on Botox and that is so not me. The first looks exactly like me. Regards- Space Alien and a Mamma

Anonymous said...

Is SHAT really the past participle of SHIT? in Miami we wait for the heavy downpours of summer to wash the shit away....and the itsy bitsy spider crawls up the spout again.

Anonymous said...

Dearest G-

See here for more information on and the proper use of shit.

Anonymous said...

I used to love the way Meg Ryna looked. Now, she does look a little scary. But, I don't think you look scary in the second picture.

Anonymous said...

really interesting research that you did on "shat"...you the mamma