Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Small Things

The small things bring me the most joy. Like waking up this morning with a brand new, fresh faced baby guy who always says first thing upon waking and opening those baby blues, "Hi Heidi!"when he's feeling his usual self. It's not mamma or mommy, but Heidi.

Sundays are always my favorite. It's so quiet and peaceful, listening to the whistle on the train blow as it chugs it's way down the tracks on the other side of the park. The muffled whoosh of a random car. Actually being able to listen to the full hour of The Splendid Table

I will leave in a few minutes with my little rejuvenated radical randy rascal and go get my morning coffee. The snow is evaporating away more and more every day. The grass is peeping through. I can see the huge maples getting ready to bud. New life pervades my every thought. Although it's another gray midwestern morning, inside, I'm feeling all sunny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, sounds beutiful. We lived in Pittsburgh for a couple years and I loved being able to to see signs of springs. It was a little depressing seing the trees bare for so many months. They were beautiful when supporting a thin layer of snow, but I really missed the green. Especially since it was usually so lush and sometimes overgrown.

Anonymous said...

OK....I finally figured it out....a gold star for me....LOL!

It is the SMALL things in life that make such a HUGE difference in our lives...who would have thought that something so small as a hip joint may cause me such a HUGE amount of grief!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for healthy boys! I've got one here too. Life is so much easier this way, no?
Duh...I just figured out who the godfather was, Hi Paul! I need to call you, I know. Bad cousin!

Anonymous said...

THank you for posting all the Snowflake pictures, you know how much I love them. It makes me feel a little closer to home. Miss you all, y'all, you guys...

Anonymous said...

WTH? It snowed all afternoon! Yet it was cozy to be inside watching a recast of the Independent Spirit Awards and seeing the tiny flakes flutter down. Shell, I was hoping posting some pictures might motivate you to blog some more about ANYTHING your heart desires. Really, isn't that all it's for? And for those of us who want to hear more about life as a peach! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Damn you! Now I want to buy the podcast subscription to the Splendid Table. Argh, I have almost 15 books in my ipod and not enough miles to drive to listen to them all! The closest station is in LA. Poo.