Friday, March 24, 2006

Rambling With My Pants On

On the way to work I was overcome with goosebumps the size of walnuts. I had to crank the radio to eleven and shimmy-jive on down the road. The rolling moors of Devon appeared in my head. It made me long for clotted cream and scones, maybe even a pint of Spingo with a onion pasty(note: these have absolutely nothing to with titties unless you're pulling a 9 1/2 Weeks, but even then, eeeeeuuuu!) Then I find out these guys are Canadian! Nonetheless...

I pictured the motley crew jamming across the landscape, cavorting along with them. That midget jester, he was my FAVE. I guess maybe I've always wanted to visit the Middle Ages, but only as a noblewoman, thanks. And only for a few stinky hours.

Eighth Grade. It was so long ago, but on occassion, I totally enjoy acting like I come from out of this world and leaving the real one far behind. Because I can dance, I can dance, everyone look at their hands. BTW, you know your friends don't dance and if they don't dance well, they're no friends of mine. While we're at it, you can act real rude and totally removed and I can act like an imbecile.

If I had a man, I would prefer to picture him WITHOUT pants because I'm really not thinking about his cute little hat when we're apart, well maybe, but only if I secretly covet it. Men without hats, men without pants, I love them all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time I had that 45...I would jam to it in the basement of my parent's house...remember that old wood console stereo...to this day it still works...now come everybody...do the SAFETY DANCE!

Anonymous said...

Yes, wasn't that when you had almost a shoulder length bob AND a perm?! That was a very interesting look, ALMOST as sexy as my tongue depressor perm.

Anonymous said...

the Cleopatra perm...who could ever forget! It's amazing your hair never fell out...you must have used the same hairdresser as Madge!