Thursday, March 09, 2006

Last Minute Madness!

Call me crazy, but I just love, love, LOVE to buy cool things for Snowflake. Come! Accompany me in my shopping madness! I really thought I was finished with buying birthday presents but then I found this. The Nido Play Cave is so bizzare and cute I thought, what the hell. Then I phoned my frugal(I must have been looking for a NO) Miami connection for a second opinion and he said,

"Wow, that's alot. What kind of lasting play value would he get out of that?"

"I think it's cute and it would be cool little hideout in the living room."

"Is this for you or the baby?" he says. Ummm, good point. I DID remind him that if something happens to me all of this shit, I mean stuff, is going to be sitting in his living room. Ummm, good point!

I decided against it. It's a good thing I didn't order it last night in the fervor of not being able to see my blog and taking my frustations out by impulsive shopping. One of my old writing teachers always talked about distance from events and passionate feelings. See if you still feel the same way the next day before mailing off that letter or in this case, buying an expensive plaything. It is cute though, isn't it?

I did buy him a Trioli Chair by Eero Aarnio for Magis. It's a very cool little chair that a toddler can use three ways. You can see a girl playing on it here. Plus, his Bilibo should be here today, too. If anything, Snowflake will grow up with an excitement and appreciation for good design and a sense of humor.

I haven't been this excited since I discovered the dual purpose of the Oral-B! The biggest suprise is that we are finally getting a new puppy. I hope The Chidler doesn't try to hump the little cutie. I am keeping everything crossed that it will all arrive before next Saturday. I want to have a big bow around the puppy's neck and suprise him by putting everything in the living room while he's hanging out at Nan's.

That's not all I have in the works, either. I found a Cake Goddess who is creating a Frida Kahlo birthday cake for him. It should be a very interesting birthday, indeed. Someday I'm sure I'll hear Snowflake singing to me Mamma, you're crazy...

Crazy for design, that is.

, ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the play cave is very cool...I thought for a second you guys were getting a new baby pug.

Anonymous said...

I know, I love it! It's soooooo cute. But then I thought, do I really want to make payments on a playcave? I don't even have a car payment! If you're thinking of buying a high ticket item, just give The Godfather a call, he'll set you staight. Ha HA!

Anonymous said...

Hey, the bilibo looks cool! I'm sure he'll love spinning around in it.

It's funny how we contact the people who'll tell us what we want to hear. I recently had a friend tell me that they were concerned that someone I was spending more time with would try to influence what I was thinking. Duh. I sought that person out because they had a specific outlook that I wanted insight into.

The play cave did look like fun though. Maybe another time...