Friday, March 10, 2006

GoGurt Gone Wild!



I can remember sitting in a burger joint with my friend approximately four years ago. I ordered a cheese quesadilla. It came to the table and I dug in.

"What the fuck?! I think I taste bacon!" I gasp as if it were cyanide, opening up the tortilla to reveal a uniform infestation of bacon bits throughout my din-din. I began to freak out. I was swearing and blabbering loudly.

"Heid, there are kids behind you," my friend shushes me.

"I don't give a flying fuck! What the hell?! I'm a frickin' vegetarian and this is supposed to be a CHEESE QUESADILLA!" I gripe way too loudly, rising from my seat to hunt down the bitchy teen waitress who snuck one by me as I shoot a dirty look to the happy and shocked family.

My, my, my how we grow and change! I cringe at the thought of my behavior. What would have the pure little Snowflake thought of my rancid actions? He's such a sweet loving little boy. I sometimes wonder if this true little Cupidian wonder actually came from me. Tonight we took The Chidler to the park for a walk and we saw the 6:15 hooking up to some tanker cars. He loved it and it was a perfect dusky twilight evening.

After din-din we were getting jammies on and he mentioned the 'twain'. I affirmed that yes, we saw the train tonight and a conductor guy walking the tracks with his flashlight. I asked him what he thought about that. He waited a moment and then said,

"Pretty neat."

I am truly amazed at his comprehension and candor. I love having a conversation with my little sweet pea. When I look at him I feel overwhelmed with love.

Imagine how overwhelmed I was when I saw this-
No sushi lovers, this is not a big ol' mass of sea urchin nut sack, otherwise known as Uni smeared across Snowflake's face, but rather the result of a half a stick of frozen GoGurt, Gone Wild. Thank God he spared poor Sponge Bob(our 13" MegaTron) from his wrath. I grabbed the camera and told him to hold it right there, laughing and smiling. Probably not the best for instilling a teachable moment. Snowflake is the yin to my yang. He balances me and I learn to appreciate the moment rather than freaking out on it. Woopdeedoo, a little yogurt never hurt anyone. Give it a try. Play with your food a little more. Snowflake highly recommends it and I couldn't agree more.



Afterthought: Yes, I would definitely be having a little freak out if this were a poopie diaper. Thank heaven for small miracles and for little boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how in the first gogurt picture, Snowflake looks slightly guilty, in the next, he looks like "yeah, I did it, whatcha gonna do about it?"

Oooh, you may have just jinxed yourself about the poopy diaper. I can't wait to see those pictures :)