Monday, February 27, 2006

Snowflake Keeps It Real

Last night the padres came home early. They said it was just way too busy for them. Too many people, too many lines, overbooked hotels and too much traffic, especially through the fine state of Georgia. Could they be showing signs of crustiness?

I was more than happy to oblige my pappy by returning his snaggle toothed wonder almost as soon as I hung up the phone. I threw his paraphanalia(his dog bed, a huge thick terry cloth robe of my father's for him to smell while they were away and his little doggie bed pillow) into the car and we were on our way in a matter of seconds.

An ease of calm settled over me and I knew from the fact that The Chidler didn't even bother to see us off from his window perch that things were already back to normal. We arrived at the house and I hauled the baby n' things in.

Their driveway had a little dusting of unshoveled snow. I wore these suede clogs that have a toothed sole. We visited and I nibbled on fresh Pralines for awhile. I had to put a few things back into the car and returned with a bunch of snow wedged into the soles.

Of course Snowflake enjoys watching my every move. I left my shoes on the rug and went back into the den. Here comes Snowflake, like a playful puppy, hanging onto my old shoe.

But he had it flipped upside down and he was eating the snow off the sole! I gasped "What are you doing? Give me that!" and grabbed it from him, laughing nervously. I know ol' Snaggle Tooth pees in this general area. Could he have inadvertently eaten yellow snow? I truly believe in not freaking out unless absolutely necessary as I don't want him to be an anxious, nervous wreck over any little thing.

I convince myself no.

"What were you doing with that?" I say again.

"Tastin' shooz", he says.

I almost whizzed myself it was so funny and cute. His vocabulary and pronunciation are just exploding by leaps and bounds right now. I can't begin to imagine what will come out of his mouth next. He's just tellin' like it is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does that mean "back to work you go?" I bet you were just getting used to this "stay at home Mom bit."

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! I enjoy it so much! I truly wish I had a fairy Godmother or a sweet ass sugar daddy that would allow me to continue. I will go back to the grind tomorrow. You are so lucky and it makes me realize that a Saab is a small price to pay for such great happiness! JK ;) Mason and the mystery guest are truly blessed. Thanks for the time we spent last week. He really enjoyed it and so did I!