Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm the DJ! I'm the DJ! I'm the DJ!

Snowflake is a musical lovebug. One of his favorites right now is "Big Rock Candy Mountain" from the "Oh Brother! Where Art Thou" soundtrack. He likes to share the song.

I sing: "One evening as the sun went down and the jungle fire was..."

Snowflake: "Bu-nin'"(burning)

Me: "Down the tracks came a hobo..."

Snowflake: "Hi-kin'"

Me: "And he says boys I'm not..."

Snowflake: "Tu-nin" (turning)

This song has been on repeat on the iPod for about two months now.

In the car we've been listening to The Smiths - The Best Of. I think he loves the happy little rhythms of Johnny Marr and Morrissey's loungy breathy swoons. If the radio is on, he starts to chant,

"Chom-in? Chom-in?"

Only a mother would know he's begging me for "This Charming Man". I oblige happily. Last night on the way to Target he begins to chirp,

"Comb? Comb? Comb?"

"Babes, I'm not sure what you mean." I say a little perplexed. Then it hits me. He's asking for "Girlfriend In A Coma."

"Girlfriend In A Coma?" I say.

"Ya!" he sweetly gushes.

He's got me under his thumb. Per the taskmasters orders, we go back and forth between these two songs every couple of seconds. If I try to change it up a little and play "Panic On The Streets Of London" or "Shoplifters OF The World", he's all...

"No! No! No!" as though it was the end of the world.

I am the DJ to his two song selections. It's almost like repeating highschool, over and over, and over...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missing you...You two have such a sweet special bond, its so beautiful to read about!