Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Fwipping Ova


Why is it that on the day you have an appointment for a cut and color, your otherwise unruly and somewhat lifeless mop turns out looking the best it has in months? It has fluff and it lays just right. Here I was all happy-go-lucky last night before dropping Snowflake off at the neighbors to go under the blades.

My hairdresser made me feel oh-so-good on my last evening as a 36 year old. She thought I was 31. I'll definitely take that! After being shorn, I forgot to buy some decent spray and stopped at the gas station where my choices were AquaNet or Suave Natural Hold. I went with the Suave. The stench? I thought I was hanging out at a Tupperware plant or in the enbalming room. It's worse than a vintage can of early 80's AquaNet. The hold? It's comparable to the lift of a 90 year olds boobs. It's just noxious spray in a can that does absolutely nothing! So here I am this bright and shiney mornin' not quite used to my new 'do. I feel all momly yet I asked for sexy! It'll be fine in a few weeks, back to normal shagginess.
after1 I was very stunned this morning when sweet little Snowflake started blabbering in the tub, "No shit! No shit! No shit!" I asked him where he learned those words and he chirps, "Nan!" I told him we don't use those words as I ignored how hilarious it actually sounded. Tonight we have our first "Kindermusic" class at the Conservatory. I saw a partial roster and he has classmates with the names of Parker, Weseley, Ivan, Vanessa and Anastasia. He'll fit right in. Insider secret: His real name is True. Here he is looking serious:

I can't forget the other bambino in the household. He will be eight this summer and he still acts like a two year old. He really wanted to french me, but I kept him at bay. He almost gave me a big fat juicy lip here which would have been okay with me because I could use some plumping in that area.
chidleyyo1So far so good. The shocking news is that tonight we're going out for Chinese. Big Pappy hasn't set foot in a ethnic restaurant since his beer-belly was a twinkle in his eye. My brother and I, along with my dad's sister all have the same birthday. Oh yeah, and Chuck Dickens, too.

Like a Malaysian Masseuse barking orders, at exactly 3:06pm I will officially "fwip-ova" into another year. I have decided to boldly go where I have never gone before. Stunned? Shocked? Unsure? Excited? Happy? Hopeful? I am all of the above.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I didn't know, I wish I would have known... I love you, your pictures are great, what a great do! Post how Kindermusic was and oh please post about how the big bash went tonight!
How is Snowflake coming along in his Japanese??...hehehe

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks awesome! Happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Your hair does look awesome.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sista! Enjoy those vegimite noodles tonight!