Thursday, February 16, 2006

A.K.A

I always feel the urge to call people by special names I make up for them. My friend's name is Christie. I call her Krispy Kreme. Annie, she's Analita. My best friend Paul is Spaulo. Trudde is Trudith-a. Shelly is Shelita. Catina, I call her Catalina, like the island. Sharon is Charlita. She makes a special vodka drink we call a Char-tini. In general I seem to have a latin flair

It extends to restaurants as well.

Tony Roma's = Tony Scrotum's
Little Caesar's = Little Seizures
The Green Mill = The Green Swill
Applebee's = Shittelbee's
Pizza Hut = Pizza Slut
The Water's Edge = The Water's Sledge

Names I have for Charlie: The Chidler, Chidle-Bug, Chidelation, Charleston the Puck of Cheswick, Charles, McBee, Moogilah, Stink-Breath, Ass Breath, Belly-Bird, Slime-Ball, Kananga, Hong-go, and a zillion others I can't think of right now.

Names I have for True: Babu, Bean Dip, Snowflake, Troobee, Troubador, Chingo, Chongo, The Chongolesian, Goofalicious, Kookalabird, LoveBug, Boohgala, StinkBug and a zillion others I can't think of right now.

I have been known to call Charlie, True and True, Charlie. Some of the above names are interchangeable between them. It doesn't seem to phase any of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! It's so irresistable to give nicknames. My dad always called Jack in the Box Jack in the Crack or Gag in the Bag (while ordering 5 tacos. Who I ask orders freakin tacos at Jack in the Box? I mean come on, we live in Chula Vista! The town smack dab between San Diego and Mexico. We have real Mexican taco shops on every corner, like Seattle has coffee shops, like Texas has Waterburgers...