Friday, February 03, 2006

My Kind of Baby?

Big Big Baby News seems to be the trend lately. Celebrities, neighbors, friends, they're all doing it because they did it. Here, deep inside the convent walls, I began to contemplate the topic.

I'm going to be 37 in a few days. Can that be true? I haven't had sex in what seems like an eternity. How can that be true? Will I ever have sex again?

If I dry up and blow away because I never have sex again, Snowflake is proof that I did INDEED have sex at least once. That counts for something. But what exactly?

Do I want more babies? Seems impossible due to the current conundrum. The early days of newborns are like being in college, but at least in college you get some sleep. No one is waking you up from naps to suck the life out of every cell of your body.

I really don't believe people can bond to somone else's child in the way that they bond to their own. I think men retain a primal territorial gene that makes them resent another man's offspring, no matter what they say. Deep inside I think they would love to club them down like baby seals.

Snowflake and I have such a harmonious union, I would never dare to fuck it up with a trendy desire to have a baby. I think I'm damn lucky to have just one perfect one. But the current baby fever gives me an undeniable hankering.

What I think we need is a new puppy.

Secretly, I've always liked dogs better than babies. The Chidler would love a new friend. Lonis(low-nis) and LuLu have been gone since September and I know he misses them. I miss the patter patter patter of twelve feet and 60 toenails scrapping across the hardwood. A new baby! Hmmm...What kind though?

No comments: