Saturday, February 11, 2006

Discovery & Self Preservation

Snowflake was MIA since we arrived home at 7pm. Per his usual modus operandi he refused all attempts at napping today. This makes for a very tranquil evening, spent in blissful silence, doing what else? Reading about fricking cameras. It was just me, my Powerbook and a fistful of chocolate. (It's all MINE, MINE, MINE!)

Around midnight, overcome with information and completely dazed as to what to do, I whipped out the old faithful Sony digital, a modern relic and my constant companion for six plus years. I began to fiddle and play. I never knew until tonight that there was a 'nightmode.' I began feverishly snapping pictures of everything in complete darkness much to my amazement.

I took this photo looking out of the living room window facing the park. Ooooooo! Damn! I just missed Officer Friendly flying by at mach one, spinning frozen blue and red Icee treat trailers. I will not miss the s-l-o-w shutter speed of this old brick.

I was going to say this 'old girl' but then a spurt of self preservation came over me and I refused to mock and knock the female identity. Why 'old girl', I thought? Is there a male equivalent? 'Old Goat" just doesn't cut it. It's too horny-old-manish. All I can seem to come up with is cocksucker or jackass.

Interestingly, I have called my camera a cocksucker on occasion.

street

No comments: