Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Blowing, Peeling & Everything Inbetween

After asserting my alpha female dominance in the neighborhood this morning, Snowflake and I headed to work. Nana had a dentist appointment and said she'd pick him up here. Payroll is done old skool by yours truly. I've tried to bring Big Pappy into the new century, but like a old crusty mule, he's stubborn.

Everytime I've confronted him on technology for the office he points with his fingers and says, "Everything I need is all right here", motioning to his extra big head. Luckily he has made a killing on Apple and I have been fortunate enough to weasel a new Mac from time to time. I'll just keep on keepin' on.

Snowflake was suprisingly angelic while he was here. Nan showed up and raved about her new dentist. Her teeth apparently have never felt this clean. Like Pearl Drops, "It's a great feeling!" She's feeling frisky, foxy and prime. She tells me she called her Doctor to schedule a consultation for a chemical peel.

"Hi, I'd like to make an appointment to see Dr. Dontknowschit."

"Um, he hasn't been in in awhile. What did you need?"

"Well, does he do peels or microdermabrasion?"

"He does microdermabrasion, but gosh, he hasn't done that in a long time."

"Oh. (silence for a minute) Well, I think I need to recheck my schedule. Bye" Whew, she thinks, narrowly escaping deformation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what I need you to do is find me someone." she blings to me,"Find out what you think I need to do to my skin. Dr. Dontknowschit always said I had nice skin. See what you think I should do."

God, if only I could have this kind of influence on Snowflake's life decisions!

"Mom, I don't know what you should do. Get a consult. A doctor would have to analyze your skin. Go and see someone from the Plastic Surgery Group." I retort.

"Just see what you think I should do and who I should see" she says as her poufy blond bob headed petit body disappears into her Pathfinder and she drives away with Snowflake. Hello?

There is no raining on that hot-ass granny's parade today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Nana's got a new spring in her step! What did that dentist do to her? Hook me up!

Anonymous said...

When my mom was 50 she got a boob job. She turns 55 this year. My mom is not a pleasant person though.

I need see your mom's dentist!