Sunday, February 26, 2006

Porcelain Goddess

I love to scrub my floors with my Hoover Floor Mate. It's so quick and easy and it actually does a great job. It doesn't recycle dirty water onto the floor, but rather sucks it up like a good little bitch. I'm feeling a little sassy this manana, and I don't have a functioning tilde. I don't know how to get it over the 'n'.

I have a thing for KABOOM! Bowl Blaster. I adore it's purple husky bottle with lime green twist off cap that doubles as a measuring cup. It takes the mundane job of cleaning the toilet to a new level. Normally, I use rubber gloves, bleach and a pumice stone when I'm feeling especially anal. It's very clinical work.

But with KABOOM! Bowl Blaster, I can let my softer side show. Pour a cup into the bowl and poof!, a thick foamy creamy head begins to build. Rising slowly, it stops just short of the rim. Sometimes I just let it sit and marinate, almost as if it were a spa treatment for that fine porcelain.

Other times, I like to get out the bowl brush and pretend like I'm frosting the most unusual cake, swirling the custard like conncoction in an artistc and loving fashion, leaving no spot unswathed. I may even repeat the process.

It's just so fresh, I could kiss myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to fall back on saying that this is totally NOT something I do. I pay someone to do this once a month. I mean its not that I dont really like cleaning, as a matter of fact I cleaned my stove. But honestly, my home explodes each week, and I spend more time reconstructing it.

I love the romance of cleaning.

Anonymous said...

Why does your home explode each week? Just curious? Do you have your little guy or ?????? I have only had to clean my oven three times in 10 years because I'm a total freak about things spilling over in there. I'm like a Chicken Hawk with that. Cleaning has a very physical aspect to it and can be described in a romantic way, true. I would happily breakup with it if there was such a thing as a good cleaning person. Cleaning is very personal, I think. No one can do it as good as you do it yourself. Hmmm... that sounds like masturbation!