Thursday, February 23, 2006

Color Me Yellow

War shmore. Today was absolutely all about pee-pee, wee-wee, and whizzing. I was so mad at The Chidler for making his opinion about the houseguest known. Now, I'm basking in the glow of the thought of a golden shower.

This yellow stream represents a milestone in development for us. Tonight as I was getting out of the bath, Snowflake approaches and says,"Pee?".

"You want to go pee-pee on the pot?" I mumble in disbelief.

"Ya!" Sven says.

I took his diap off and discovered a mess and he was immediately put into a fresh soapy milk bath laden tub. When it was over, he started babbling about the pot again. I flooffed his hair and rubbed him down. He grabbed his Baby Bjorn potty and regally claimed his throne. He tried, but no success.

Could he have been pondering his reflection as he gazed into the Phillip Starck toilet that awaits the big boy and thinking about the journey he was just about to begin? He peed on the floor. I blew it off. We discussed the use of toilet paper and it's pros and cons as he unraveled part of the roll. Once again to the breach, exclaiming, "Pee! Pot!" and plopping down with gusto. This time he produced a small pool of liquid gold. I've never been so excited by a bodily fluid before in my life! "Yes!" I encouraged him gentley.

"Paper?" he says.

"Yes, here is some paper for you", and he wipes himself! I was blown away. I showed him where to go with the wee and put it into the big pot. Is this really happening?
After a good ten minutes of reveling over his success I grab him and put him on the changing table for lotion and a diap.

"No! Pot?" he squeeks as he wrinkles up his nose. I try to convince him he wants a diap so he can go downstairs but he insists on going to the pot. I let him. My sweet little boy did a repeat performance, only this time when he was done, he grabbed the insert right away and flushed its contents away.

I don't think I've ever been so proud and so excited for someone in my entire life. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had and it included pee! We had to call the vactioners to tell them the news. He was so proud to tell them both, "Pee Pot!". I told him he should have a special treat so when we came downstairs I gave him a few of his favorite Jelly Bellies. I glowed as I reminded him that he did something incredible tonight. When I asked him what and why he beams,

"Pee!"

UPDATE!
Snowflake did it again this morning! I hope this is a sign of things to come. You never know, I'll just follow his lead and let him chart the course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snowflake and I went to Md's Playland this morning for the first time with some friends and I had a little breakdown. Not a breakdown, but definitely a moment. I was talking to Annie and all of sudden it just came on. I teared up talking about the recent events. It was all over the inevitability of growing up, and it all happened right there in the middle of the Playland. Weird and memorable for me.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and Snowflake. You wouldn't think PEE could be so exciting...I love the bond that mother and child share and the sweet, oh so sweet memories we get to carry with us.

Anonymous said...

A true mom you are! (pun not intended). Tearing up over french fries and milkshakes. It happends to us all!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Soon, he'll be spraying the whole toilet and trying to draw smiley faces in the snow!