Friday, February 17, 2006

Bad Mam-A-Jamma, No Jam

Since I'm on "vacation", I stayed up late last night reading and enjoying the solitude of "my time". After yesterday's snowstorm we ended up with about six inches of light powdery fluff. We are predicted to have windchills today and tonight of -35 to -40! The sun is usually the brightest on these kinds of days. Right now it is piercing the living room and hitting the disco ball ornaments, causing an explosion of little dewdrop reflections all over the pale blue ceiling.

I felt lazy this morning after beautifying myself. Snowflake was already downstairs by the time I was finished. I had to get outside and blow the end of the driveway and the corner where the city likes to just ram it up hard. In the spirit of my new found hedonism I did what probably no good mamma does.

I gave Snowflake a Peanut's Thanksgiving for breakfast.

When he looked at me with his sweet beaming moonface and said, "Kissa-bows", how could I refuse?

In his lime green Baby Bjorn cloverleaf shaped bowl he had Rold Gold Land 'O Lakes Butter Flavored Checker pretzels, cubes of white Cabot reduced fat cheddar cheese, a few Nutter Butter Bites, a handful of Hershey Kissables and a glass of organic chocolate Silk.

If we would have had a bag of Target popcorn and some cold pizza it would have really been a spectacular banquet of the cartoon kind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave Mason Chili this morning for breakfast...any better? not really!

Anonymous said...

One thing I don't miss about Wisconsin are those extreme MINUS degree temperatures.
I am really glad you get to have time off to enjoy with Snowflake.

Anonymous said...

I found you through Granny Gets A Vibrator -- and I'm glad I did. You're a very talented writer -- and very poignant. You clearly feel things very deeply and I appreciate that. Nice to meetcha!