Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tiny Dancer



SF and I had Kindermusic tonight. I have to say, he's finally blossoming now that the class is almost over. That's our Polish way, we seem to be late bloomers, realizing at the last second "hey dare, dis wiwwy is fun" or why didn't I do this sooner?

In any case, tonight my boy was the bell of the ball. He was wearing his funky form fitting striped Oink Baby outfit, complete with matching skull cap that when stretched across his melon happens to look just like the end of a correctly worn condom. (Yes, like this hat he wore to the park today). He was like Leroy in the movie Fame.

He twirled, he galloped and ran. He rolled all the way across the floor like a hotdog out of control at the ski hill. He leapt and he crouched, throwing his head back with a haughty laugh. He tried to hug or kiss every single kid in his class at some point. It was so fricking sweet I could have cried. Some met this gesture with uncomfortable kindness and hugged awkwardly back. Others freaked out and pushed him back as they scurried away to their grown ups in disbelief.

I'm happy to have a little boy that isn't afraid to show his affections. I know it probably won't last. He has opened up to the idea of Kindermusic and all of the kids in his class. It's beautiful to watch him express himself through music and feelings.

He's gonna live forever, remember his name.

, , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, too cute. It's so nice to see pure joy!

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to come to the park with you, but unfortunately I was in Point trying to contract various illnesses! Thursday if it's nice?

Anonymous said...

Really sweet story - I am glad he enjoys his music class. His Robeez & hat are adorable!

My little guy is very lovey too - he shares hugs a lot. Sometimes the parents will look almost scared or horrified. I have caught a few odd glances. I think we should raise our little men to know it's okay to be affectionate.

Anonymous said...

Sofiedove is a little groover too.. always has been and she will dance anywhere. She attends a music n motion claass and LOVES it. Unfortunately for her, oink baby doens't fit her well anymore, now that she's portly than she was in her younger days.

cute pix.