Friday, April 28, 2006

The Mystery of My Machine


Beautiful, sparkling blue skies and wonderful perfect temperatures in the high 60's. I crave this weather, I long for it. It has been so long since the dwindling days of last summer disappeared in their gauzey golden glow. In the fall I wait until the ultimate very last day possible to put on regular shoes and enrobe my feet in cottony, cumbersome, claustrophobic socks. It feels like I'm entombing them, sentencing them to a sweaty suffocating death. I hate it when that day comes.

Although my goth looking lace-up platforms with little dangley pink rhinestone heart charms hanging off the eyelets empower me, I am so relieved that I can go home, take them off and walk around barefoot. BAREFOOT. Being born barefoot, I find a natural predisposition to be it whenever I can. As a general rule, I don't like feet. But damn it people, let go of those aversions and free your feet! Bare your bunyons, hoist those hammertoes and hangnails high into the breeze and let them CHILL.

I haven't felt this good since I was pregnant. Yes, I was a woman blessed with vim and vigor as I grew my favorite little parasite. I feel like Buttercup, the sassy little green Powerpuff. To me it's all about the green, as in life, lusciousness and regeneration. I feel like a green goddess. Hold the dressing.

, , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And tomorrow, food.