Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Just Another Day at Tarjet

I pride myself on being a stealthful shopper. Don't get me wrong, I can and do buy poshful gifts for myself or Snowflake on occasion. However, usually when it comes to Target I have no impulse control. I've blogged on numerous occasions of how I've been seduced by that big red eye. Today SF and I went to the Bullseye for the sole purpose of buying three items: dishsoap( Method Home in Cucumber), diapers (Pampers Cruisers Size 5) and Wipes (Huggies Natural Care).

You're already wondering what I added to my non-existent list of must haves, I know. I needed some cleaning supplies, just a few. I bought some more Kaboom Bowl Blaster for the toilet because they are usually out of it when I need it. It is THAT GOOD. I also picked up some extra strength Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I love that man. I also wanted to try the Method Home concentrated laundry detergent in the Fresh Air scent. It smells so good and they have a great philosophy: no animal testing ever, biodegradable, etc. Plus, the bottles are designed by Karim Rashid. LOVE IT! I use alot of their products... hand soap, body wash, floor cleaner, glass cleaner, stainless steel and leather wipes, okay, EVERYTHING!

Of course our trip wouldn't have been complete with out checking out the Easter clearance items. SF has these fabulous books by Wendy Ann Gardner. These are really fun cool books. She did some Easter stuff for Target. Handmade looking baskets featuring some of her Naughty Seasonal Pets. So I had to grab a basket and two ceramic dishes for next year. Yeah, I'm THAT kind of mamma. I buy my boy holiday dishes.

Well, Easter was right next to Seasonal outdoor and what should I spy but two very cute and campy cast iron gnomes, begging me with their sweet painted eyes to take them away from this place. We, I mean I have a thing for Gnomes. When I was a wee sprite way back in the 70's my mother had a whole collection of ceramic garden gnomes that were made by mentally challenged people at this co-op. Back then, I hated them. I was embarassed that we had these dotted around in our lava rock landscaping. One day I made up a game called "Bean the Gnome in the Nuts" and my friend Brian and I broke almost every Gnome. My mother was devastated. This is my curse. To love, to be attracted to what I despised most. Sort of like my taste in men.

ANYWAY...

We just happened to breeze by electronics and found this super kick ass Motorola 5.8ghtz cordless phone/answering machine system on clearance for $49.98. About a month ago I purchased one for the office but paid $129.99! So I bought TWO for my house. I needed new phones and they are charging right now as I feverishly pound away in the afterglow of my shopping high. So $206 later I am exhausted but happy. As happy as a good day of bargain materialism can get you.

, , , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Target, I could spend days in there, and I do. You've gotten me addicted to the magic erasers, but I buy the target brand. I also love the new Method Foaming Hand Soap. It pumps much easier than the old teardop shaped bottle, since it's a bit more stable. It's great for use by the kitchen sink.

I recently spent $17 on magnets at Target. They were in the dollar bins by the front door. Got a TON of them. I think it was kismet. That morning, I told Shogun that I wanted to paint one wall of the kid's room with magnetic paint. That way they'd have a good place to hang all their drawings and such. Then, went to Target and they had all these cute magnets.

Anonymous said...

I am with you sister!

Anonymous said...

Hey - I found you through J's blog Thinking About - your comment over there was so interesting, I had to come check you out - i agree with you about people having kids just as something to have...but anyway on to your post! I am the biggest Tarjet sucker in the world - I cannot leave that store without dropping at LEAST $60 and it usually not anything fun - diapers, wipes, paper towels, shampoo, etc but I so feel ya - no impulse control there!

Anonymous said...

Damn you Target! Yesterday I went in for a phone jack and found the most adorable 10k gold and real diamond martini glass charm necklaces marked down from $64.99 to a mere $16.24. Who was I to say no although I don't usually wear yellow gold, they will make cute gifts for unsuspecting relatives. Yeah, I bought 'em both.

Anonymous said...

Did I mention I like Target and Spokeswhore is my middle name?!