Monday, December 19, 2005

Sell Phones & Self Esteem



Sometimes from out of the blue I am struck by these thoughts that just seem to really tweak me. For example, tonight I am driving home from my parents, Snowflake snuggled and sleeping in his car seat. Christmas lights twinkle here and there. Then, the theme song for a cell phone commercial comes on, in this case, "Sweet Melissa" by the Allman Brothers.

I start thinking about the commercial, you know the one:Girlfriend/Wife/Lover is going into labor and her good looking executive arrives just in time to meet her in the waiting room so they can 'go it together'. I hope they have a three headed baby with mature genitalia that looks like the cavemen in the Geico commercial. Mission accomplished for the fuckwhack that dreamt up that little scenario. Meanwhile, I am reduced to a blubbering pile of salty sea eyes and a snotty nose. I cannot help but draw a comparison to my own life.

Yes, it makes me feel damn-dirty-down-trodden being alone, especially at Christmas. There is no sexy sweetheart waiting to take Snowflake off my hands for a few moments so I can take a bubble bath. I could go on and on, bitch and whine, give a thousand examples, but what is the point? I allow myself a brief wallow and it does feel oh-so-good to baste and marinate in the lump in my throat for a few minutes. I let it all out. However, I cannot allow myself to keep a good woman down.

When I arrive home sweet home, there was a package waiting for me from a Sweet Georgia Peach. It wasn't the package that counted, but rather the idea that someone thought of me and I am not entirely alone. I realize how lucky I am to be here in my swanky little bungalow enjoying life with my beautiful Snowflake and The Chidler. The Universe works in magical ways. Timing IS everything.

I'm overjoyed for Sweet Melissa, The Executive and their impending imaginary bundle of joy.


, , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi honey! I love you, you are so talented. The pictures that you post are so extraordinary. I am wondering who is the 'eye' guy? And about your eyes dear, they are saying what? I believe I can see glimpses of what they may be saying...