Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Record Saturday



Snowy Saturday. Flakes whirling down, fat and fluffy. What a beautiful hour outside! Here is the Fabulously Crunchy With Style Glamgranola with Snowflake and her gorgeous boy. She is one dynamic kick-ass mamma! She's so prepared. For instance, we forgot our stroller and Ta-Da! Glamgranola just happens to have TWO in the back of her bitchin' sport wagon! She also brought hot chocolate for the boys. Classy and Crunchy!



Here are the Mini GQ's in front of Santa's Mailbox. They are so seriously cute I could cry! Just two beautiful babies. Before the caroling started we went to see Santa. Glamgranola thought Surfer Boy would freak, but he was so laid back he actually hung out on Santa's lap so she could get a few photos. Snowflake just nodded no gracias everytime the subject was broached. It was just too precious to see these two baby boys experiencing new things and flowing with it.

Needless to say I don't think any records were broken. The crowd was thin yet festive. People enthusiastically sang in unison. Unfortunately all the songs sounded like Negro Spirituals or Monastic Chants because they were way way way way way low down downtown, whydonchacomeupandseemesometimelouisarmstrong... It was wonderful to be out and about on a snowy morn. Seeing a man sporting his Hunter Orange Ski-Doo snowmobile jacket and topping his head off with a fur mullet made from something dead, brought smiles to our faces. It's like the northwoods Red Badge of Redneck. It just made it all worthwhile. I actually think he had his jeans peg legged into his ankle boots.

And last but not least, here WE are. I don't have many pictures of the two us together and I thought this one was great. You can see Dear Old Santa in the cherry picker in the upper left corner. He led the carols and he had REAL Santa hair. He was an amazing first Santa! I have to thank Glam for snapping it. She's a Glamamma!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aawww dear friend, you look so beautiful with Snowflake, I just want to walk right into that picture and hug you both. What a Winter Wonderland of a picture thanks to Glamamma. My love to you and yours mon amie.

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! Yes, I love that picture because I look NOTHING like myself in it. Seriously! I'm an Ogre-ess.