Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ho Ho Ho Low Down

I need a day's worth of deep cleansing breaths. Ms.Mamma's mamma has been watching Snowflake since August. At that time I was unable to continue bringing him to work with me because he was and partially still is at the Tasmanian Devil Stage of development.

My mamma said she wanted to do it, but I don't think she truly meant it. Almost 60, she has complained, whined and griped about the situation almost everyday in blatant and obscure ways. Today she said that if Snowflake wasn't at her house everyday she would only have to Swiffer "once every two weeks." Whaaaaaa? My parents are clean freaks. Yet, they have the messy gene. Read a newspaper and it's all over the floor in a million pages. Somehow everything seems to be Snowflake's fault.

I think all of her complaining comes from TJ Maxx withdrawl. No longer can she casually sport on over and linger the aisles of her favorite store. At least not for five hours of the day. By the time I come to get him she is wiped out.

God! It is SO sucky seeing your parents age. I like to believe that this is all a bunch of B.S., but maybe she can't really handle it. A part of me thinks she's completely spoiled. Wait... or is that me?! This is supposed to end next September when Snowflake, at the ripe old age of 2.5 years will be old enough to go to Montessori. She acts like it's a complete death sentence.

This morning I had enough of it. I told her I would find a complete stranger to take care of him. I left and 10 minutes later she calls me to tell me that Snowflake learned a new word... "vaccum." No one from Montessori will call me to tell me when he's learned a new word. Being a single mother can really bite sometimes.

I found a Montessori school that takes two year olds. He will be two in March. I wonder if she can hold out that long? I started to bawl, thinking of leaving my little bambino with a bunch of strangers for a whole day, a whole week at a time. I could puke. I know people do it all the time and I'm lucky for the start he's had but, forking A! Does everything have to be so damn difficult?

She thinks she's depressed...

No comments: