Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Pontification Purge

I just have to vent. There is nothing more irritating to me than an immature 23 year old woman playing house. Especially one who blatantly says she doesn't want to have a baby anytime soon and then boing!, she's knocked up! She just forgot to take her pill a few times. Yeah, right. I don't even want to get into THAT discussion.

Then there is the whole, "Oh, I can't stand to be away from my baby! I just cry!" bullshit. Meanwhile she constantly complains to her boyfriend that being at home is driving her nuts. Baby is only five months new!

For Christmas he bought entirely new, very expensive bedding for them, to which she complained, "That's not very personal! I can't stand the color, but I suppose it will grow on me."

Can I get a SHUT THE FUCK UP?

Being at home with a bambino is not for everyone, I know. Most of the amazing moms I know ARE at home and the ones like me who can't be would do almost anything within reason to be that lucky. A cute Sugar Daddy wouldn't be out of my realm of possibility, ha!

Isn't it a shocking awakening to see the big lifestyle shift a new person makes? I have said it before, most women are too lazy to be stay at home moms. Patience seems nonexistent. We are raising kids without parents although no one will admit it. Get up early, feed them, drop them off at daycare, pick them up between 5-6pm, feed them, bathe them, play not enough and shove them off to bed until the cycle begins again.

Maybe instead of playing with them, they get shoved in front of the TV for three hours. SICK.

Having a baby later in life made me realize just HOW important a new person is. To me, doing and having it all comes down to being a good mother and that's it. I gave up being selfish the day Snowflake was born.