Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Werewolf




From the moment I took this photograph, I thought there was something intriguing about it. At the time, I thought, "Damn! This is so hot and sexy I just want to jump on!" If the eyes are indeed the windows to the soul, what is this subject saying?

I haven't studied it in a long time. To me now, there is something very sinister about it. It's like the Neil Jordan movie, "The Company of Wolves". Gypsies warn, beware the man with a bushy, almost uni-brow! Why? Because they are werewolves and they seek to devour and destroy. In the movie, Red Riding Hood is "had" by the Big Bad Wolf...he takes her maidenhood. I think that type of vibe really comes out loud and clear here. It is like the eye of the Modigliani in the background is my own self looking at me, urging me to heed a weird, eerie, bizarre warning. My stomach drops like riding a rollercoaster if I look at it too long.

Although my maidenhood was long gone by the time I took this photograph, something was definitely stolen from me. Those hazel eyes beguiled me, transfixed me and lied to me. It still amazes me how an image can be so alive to a person years later. Hanging on to photographs and even words. Rememberances. Ghostly unresolved scenarios that play over and over from time to time.

That is haunting. This is my werewolf.


, , , ,

No comments: