Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Blue Russian & CHRISTMAS CONtroverSy




The calm quiet of my Friday night didn't start until 10:30pm. I am the mamma of a NON-NAPPER. Ugh! The smart part of me knows I should have my ass in bed, resting for tomorrow's tribulations. The old single girl of yore in me wants to stay up into the wee hours, drink LOTS of vodka and buy a pack of Reds. I settle for a Blog instead.

Here is The Comrade in question, looking positively cherubic last Sunday during a festive sleigh ride through the front yard. Don't let this image fool you. I've decided to start calling him Hellraiser. Yeah, like as in PinFace...

Seriously. The love affair is over. Snowflake is into another biting stage. I know this coincides with his exhaustion as a NN(Non-Napper). I have to admit, when he comes a runnin' for my leg cackeling like a crazed rabid chipmonk I actually get a little freaked out.

I keep telling myself this too shall pass, Mamma-san.

Tomorrow, Snowflake and I are going down to the town square with Glamgranola (aka Crunchy With Style) and her super cute surfer boy baby. It just sounds so "It's A Wonderful Life." Yes, the homespun denizens(we are denizens, just not too homespun) of this community are going to attempt to get into The Guinness Book of World Records. We will attempt to have the largest group of singing carolers IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. It's something to do OUTSIDE! YAR HAR HAR!

When the holy roller right wing Bushsters caught wind that there would be no religious carols, hellfire and brimstone broke loose! The Cornbread Goodness factor said they would boycott, they simply would not attend and they would encourage others to do the same. Keep the Christ in Christmas for Christ's Sake, eh? Caving to the pressure, the local event staff ammended the set list to include "O Come All Ye Faithful" and "Silent Night."

Can I get a HELL-YEAH?


, , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got to be friggin crazy! The didn't allow Little Drummer Boy? That is one of my favourite X-mas carols. We had our own controversy here on Miami Beach. One of the locals hung a Santa up in a tree protesting the commercialization of X-mas....the neighbors went ape-shit! Whatever happened to a sense of humor? When did we become so politically correct? If you don't like it then don't look!!!