Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Real American Hero

I am no expert on men, but there is something to the phrase "the way to a man's heart is through his tum-tum". One may wonder how I feel qualified to say this. It is so simple it comes down to one word of your choice: Chocolate or Candy.

Yesterday when I got home from work my dumpster was emptied of it's horrific contents(lots of poop, I may add, all bagged in various forms) and sitting neatly at the curbside. I didn't put it out.

How curious that garbage pickup isn't until this morning.

My Super Sanitation Worker took it upon himelf to go and GET my dumpster and empty it early for the holiday week. He does this a few times a year when I forget that pick-up is early. What a guy! What service! All for a little gift of chocolate or candy I leave him right around Christmas.

Thanks Mr. Super Duper Garbage Man!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will work for Peanut M&M's!

Anonymous said...

WOW! THAT is impressive! Super Sanitation Hero Man sounds like a total gem! Quick question (and I know this may sound odd): Do you ever give your mail delivery person or public sanitation person Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) presents? I've adopted a practice of giving tiny tokens of gratitude to those who are very helpful...just little things like homemade cookies or jams. I didn't really do this too much when I lived in the city, because I didn't know our mailman, but up here everyone knows everyone and you become familiar with folks.

How's little Snowflake doing? Is he excited for the holidays? Oh, and since you're vegetarian, do you have a special Thanksgiving dish you make au lieu of turkey? I've got a wonderful veggie cookbook by Mollie Katzen if you'd like me to send it to you ;p

Anonymous said...

Christine- Yes i do give them presents. I think it's nice to remember those people who are probably taken for granted by most. My garbage guy is awesome for doing what he is not required to do. I don't have any special dish. I am planning on taking a Potato Blue Cheese Gratin unless you have some amazing recipe you can point me too. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

When I was vegetarian, I always had such a hard time around the holidays, because not too many people I knew were vegetarian at the time. Many restaurants didn't cater to vegetarians either. Now, there are so many alternatives to meat and so many delicious recipes! I can e-mail you some of the ones I stick to the most. That Potato Blue Cheese Gratin sounds delish though! I once had a meal with some friends and served a nice butternut squash soup, a mango and spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette, and eggplant parmesan, followed by an elaborate tropical fruit salad. But if you're only taking a dish to your family's, you can never go wrong with anything au gratin!!

Anonymous said...

i am a local - i would love to talk to you about a photography opportunity for a non-profit here in wausau. i'm a big fan of your blog and your photos.

let me know if interested...

kmr1018athotmaildotcom

Anonymous said...

See, MsMamma?! I told you that you've got a keen eye for detail and a very artistic touch when it comes to photography! You are truly gifted! :)