Monday, November 27, 2006

3

From The Curiosity Killer, living like Carrie Bradshaw in Hong Kong ;)

1.
3 Things that scare me: Religious Fanatics, thought of losing my family, centipedes crawling over me in my sleep and biting me
2.
3 People who make me laugh: Snowflake, The Cynical Girl, Dave Attel
3.
3 Things I love: japanese landscaping, good writing, and food
4.
3 Things I hate: sex crimes, people who don't recycle anything, brawny assheads who drive pimped out monster trucks with "get 'er done" bumper stickers on them
5.
3 Things I don’t understand: religious pride, dirty violence, malicious intent
6.
3 Things on my desk: a vintage tape dispenser(very heavy and art deco looking), a stapler that I glued all kinds of buttons onto that I got from my dead granny, Snowflake(on my knee leaning on the desk top drinking juice).
7.
3 Things I’m doing right now: staring past the computer out the window, blogging and watching "Charlie & Lola".
8.
3 Things I want to do before I die: Have a real job/profession/specialty/success, see Snowflake as a man with children of his own, feel completely comfortable with myself.
9.
3 Things I can do: Cook, make my own art, create a pleasing living environment
10.
3 Things I can’t do: Allow Snowflake to be around meatheads, add, subtract, multiply or divide more than the simplest of numbers in my head, drive a motocycle
11.
3 Things I think you should listen to: your conscience, the sound of the call to prayer in the blackness of the early morning hours in an Islamic country, and any ocean, live and in person.
12.
3 Things you should never listen to: mean gossips, Conservative Talk Radio, and (agreeing with JellyJules) "People who say there’s something wrong with you because of who you are".
13.
3 Things I’d like to learn: Drive a motorcycle, sail a boat, knitting
14.
3 Favorite foods: chocolate, spring rolls, cold sesame noodles(or pan fried noodles with soy and chili sauce).
15.
3 Beverages I drink regularly: spring water, Orangina, wine.
16.
3 Shows I watched as a kid: (ONLY 3??) shows by Syd & Marty Kroft(like Dr. Shrinker, Land of the Lost, Sigmund the Sea Monster), Square Pegs, The Little Rascals & The Three Stooges.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! BTW, with regard to Japanese landscaping, I'm in the process of sketching a Japanese garden for my next gardening project. It won't happen until the new year, but I'm trying to figure out what "flows" nicely :) In the meantime, since our outdoor garden will have to wait, our greenhouse is kind of like an inner sanctum where Hubby goes to take a snooze. I've got a a few rustic chairs for a sitting area amongst some tall Buddha bamboo plants and the geraniums I'm babysitting for my parents over the winter are in full bloom! LOL! I've also got a chocolate orchid I'm waiting to flower---when it flowers, the entire house smells like chocolate! Divine! Too bad you don't live closer--I'd give you one of the chocolate orchids.

Anonymous said...

That sounds heavenly, sitting in a greenhouse in winter. I really love the pergola I put up this summer. Bamboo and blooming geraniums, gorgeous! I'm smelling chocolate. We'd be such great neighbors!

Anonymous said...

LOL. I wish I have Carrie Bradshaw's paying column on sex anthropology, her square-table girlfriends weekly brunching, plus her collection of manolo blahniks! Her fictional lifestyle is so inspiring. But I'll settle for weekly blogging with my round table girlfriend-bloggers!! Love your meme, great list! You're awesome! Thanks!