Sunday, November 12, 2006

On My Own Tonight

I know my head will snap right off of my neck, but it won't. Some miserable brainless highly intelligent miniscule "thing" has invaded me with force. Last night my head weighed 50 million pounds, packed tight, like concrete filling every passage way, suffocating my fat swollen nasal passages, as if they were trying to engulf or eat one another. Heavy mouth breathing all night.

Waking with the Dead Sea in my mouth, my tongue was nothing more than the dry scaley head of turtle or a dead lizard on the highway, three days old. Swallowing, the left side of my throat felt pierced anew with each peristalsic movement. Ouch. Blowing my nose felt like a pressure cooker getting ready to explode. It was just a squawk of air tightly rippling it's way out, vibrating my face. No satisfactory snot expulsion. Rediculous.

My left eye, irritated and watering all day, sobbing just for me. On the drive home today as Snowflake slept, I meditated on how it really sucks to be sick and alone. To feel crappy and to have no one to coddle you. It's a deathly feeling.

It amazed me as I flew down the dark road how Morrissey could still have such a grip on me twenty years later. I was listening to "I Know It's Over" off of "The Queen is Dead". I moped and cried. Tears swelled up along with my sinuses so that I could barely breath. It was perfect sadness and although I really wanted to blow my nose halfway to China, I couldn't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I hope you feel better SOON, and that Snowflake doesn't get it from you. Being sick sucks. :(

Hot showers, cold and sinus advil, hot tea and a comfy couch. That's my only advice. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

...and let me add my two-cents worth of advise....Vitamin C...lots of it....and Cold eeze(?) zinc lozenges...my friend Eddy who is a personal trainer said that the cold virus attaches to the zinc and is flushed out of your body....Vicks Vaporub or Mentholatum under those always seems to help me breathe a bit easier as well.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been attacked by the Snot Monster. The Godfather got it right! That should drive a stake in the old monster's heart.

Anonymous said...

It's now Wednesday and the fog is lifting slightly. I am so glad. I haven't been this sick in years. Godfather I did get some Cold-EEZ and I wonder if they helped or if it was just time for it all to end. I have never taken so much Sudafed and advil and other drugs ever.