Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Cinema

The amazingly multi-talented and colorful Maya's Granny tagged me to do this fun meme on movies. Who am I to deny such an easy way to create a post in a month long marathon?

1. Popcorn or candy?
I love buttered movie theater popcorn, but sometimes it grosses me out with it’s richness. At certain points, the smell can be toooooo much.

2. Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever.
Finding Nemo ( I had an absolute crush on Monsters Inc. I really haven’t seen anything current in years)

3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar: Who loses theirs and to whom?
I don’t remember seeing “A Trip to the Bountiful” whose Geraldine Page won best actress in 1985. Maybe it was age before beauty, but Whoppi Goldberg should have won that Oscar for “The Color Purple”.

4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe. Which will it be?
Anything Rita Hayworth wore in “Gilda” The gowns by Jean Louis are divine.

5. Your favorite film franchise is...
Indiana Jones

6. Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite them? What do you feed them?

First I would have to invite Charlie Kaufmann, the screenwriter. He wrote Adaptation, The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Being John Malkovich. I guess I am more drawn to the process behind the film than the actors & actresses. Also, John Malkovich because I loved him in Dangerous Liasons and believe it or not “Making Mr. Right” with Anne Magnusen(cool bitch). I like the things he’s done, even Con Air. Ha Ha. My third guest would be Tim Burton(he’d have to bring his gal Helena Bonham Carter as a freebie since she is in my favorite movie of all time, “A Room with a View”), the creative genius behind Batman(the first one), Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands. I think I’d have to ask Helen Mirren because she is my very favorite actress. She’s classy and so ice cool. My last guest would have to be either Johnny Depp or Pedro Almodovar. Oh, and David Lynch absolutely. John Waters, too. I just can’t decide!

7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theater?
Immediate electrocution in their seat.

8. Choose a female bodyguard: Ripley from Aliens. Mystique from X-Men. Sarah Connor from Terminator 2. The Bride from Kill Bill. Mace from Strange Days.

Ripley it is. She could handle anything.

9. What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie?

The creepiest thing in any movie I’ve seen is Jeremy Irons portrayal of twin gynecologists who completely flip out in the movie “Dead Ringers”. FREAKY FREAKY FREAKY! Especially the specially designed tools they make for use on their clientel.

10. Your favorite genre (excluding comedy and drama) is?
I like foreign films. I haven’t seen any in a very long time, but I love Japanese and Chinese films that occur in ancient times.

11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power?

I would give more women money to direct their own films.
I would choose some of my favorite books and, where they are still alive, have the authors do the screenplays. Cast actors rather than stars.

12. Bonnie or Clyde?
Bonnie because she’s the fantastic Faye Dunaway of course. She’s class, baby, even as a mad gansta.

13: Who are you tagging to answer this survey: Heidi in Hong Kong, Py Korry (and of course the wonderful J if she wants a freebie since she's nablopomo or whatever, and Christine.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my excitement I was so carried away that I didn't state what I would serve to my dinner guests. I've never made it, but it would defintiely be a fondue party.

Anonymous said...

Thanks ms.mamma. I like this meme!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag. A fondue party sounds divine!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! A fondue party sounds divine!

Anonymous said...

Oh, a fondue party with those folks sounds CRAZY. I want to be there, too! I'll bring some wine, OK?

I'll do this next week..gotta think on it. ;)

Oh, and Py saw that Jeremy Irons movie, and I was creeped out enough from him telling me that I don't even want to see it myself! ACK!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't fondue just be so, so surreal?! Yes, J, I was gonna say, lots and lots of wine. We'd have a grand time to be sure! Deadringers, yes skip it, unless Maya comes home from college some Halloween and you want a SCARY movie! :)

Anonymous said...

Ack! I've been tagged! :-)


Okay, now I have one post planned this week.