Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Ugly Side of Cute

Snowflake is on the fast track to becoming the world's most famous baby bulimic, at least in my book. Sunday we went to Target where we indulged in a feast of popcorn, craisins and V-8 Fruit Punch.

After wandering for awhile he begins to stick his hand in his mouth. I ignore it. However I cannot ignore the gagging sounds coming from his mouth. People are staring. They hear this wretched sound and they look, horrified at this cute little demon smiling at them, drooly spittle running down his chin. He laughs wickedly right at me as I attempt to chide him. This energizes him.

I am getting a little embarrassed at this point and whisk him away to the check out so we can hightail it the F out of there. Big mistake. He feeds off my recoiling negativity. He is reveling in his purging. The girl at the check out says, "Awww, he's so cute!" And then her gaze turns to disbelief as he horks up his snack with an evil giggle.

I look at it running down his red corduroy coat. I mumble that I don't know why he does this and tell Snowflake that everyone is going to think he's freaky.

He smiles sweetly and squawks "Freaky! Freaky! Bye-Bye" as I quickly swab him down with a fresh baby wipe and we exit the scene.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least he fakes it! But Mason does that occasionally too and it drives Pedro IN-SANE!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, he will gag himself until he yaks up whatever he recently ate if he wants to get a rise out of me. The Ped says to ignore it, I try, but OMG! It is repulsive and so weird!

Anonymous said...

Lets look at the bright side. At least he is eating healthy. Way to go mamma!