Thursday, January 19, 2006

Catching a Snowflake

In a parallel universe, Snowflake and I live in the panhandle of Idaho. We have an organic farm where we raise free range chickens, alpacas and pugs. I have a great affinity for spinning and a talent for growing hydroponics in my greenhouse.

Along with knitting chunky, funky sweaters for Snowflake, I paint landscape portraits featuring pug bacchanalias. Snowflake is the ever obedient child who attends an exclusive pre prep school for pre preschoolers just a spell down the road. Fluent in Japanese, he has just mastered the art of Origami and is proficient playing classical harp. Ahhhhhhh. What a sweet, sweet child I smile to myself.

AHHHHHHHHH! Today I felt like Sara Goldfarb in "Requiem for a Dream". Instead of being in Idaho, I was confined to a tin can loaf pan with no escape from the Non-Napper. The only free range was the office oven whose pilot light went out thus causing a noxious stench to fill the air until a sweet old man came in and offered to light it for me.

Snowflake was more than creative today in his mischief. The mini blinds hanging from the office windows all have knotted cords so that the aforementioned doesn't somehow strangle himself. Leave it to Snowflake to find a new hidden danger. Sticking the cord into his mouth and leaning backwards, he managed to lodge the string's last knot behind his two front teeth.

Strung up like a fish and half dangling from tippy toes he says,"Mom? Mom? Mom!"

I actually had to lift his body up to get some slack in the cord so I could pull it out.

It was like REALLY catching a live one.

--------------------------------------------------------

Photoshopped Onlooker Eyeballing Interesting Stranger NYC 2001
(Onlooker's Face Courtesy of American Ex-Pat Dude Living on Vancouver ISland)
tao

No comments: