Friday, January 20, 2006

Bathroom Confession

This morning after brushing Snowflake's cute tiny teeth, I put him down and gave him the usual I love you and he says,

"Wuv you mommy"

WHAT?!?!?!?

My heart stopped. That's me over there on the floor in a little puddle, he melted me. Forget all of our battle of wills this week, it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard, EVER. As far as I am concerned, he is absolutely, one hundred percent perfectly and positively angelic! Was that me whining earlier this week? I must have been experiencing delirium leftovers from Sunday night.

Being a parent is so amazing if you truly embrace it for everything it is. It feels like being the first and only person to REALLY know what it feels like. These moments in time are so sweet and so brief, I feel I have to grab on to them, cherish them. I'm sure this little love high will wear off, like the next time he bites my leg and I'm not expecting it.

Right now, life IS beautiful, Mr. Benigni.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very precious! We have to take all of those moments and treasure them. It definitely makes all those moments you want to pull your hair out for it when you hear those words.

Anonymous said...

I got goose bumps reading that!