Saturday, January 14, 2006

Cheesy but Real

Tonight Snowflake and I ordered a thin crust cheese pizza for din-din. We hung out and shared, cozied up on the brown leather nailhead loveseat in the living room. We were in such a harmonius little sync, our bond is so strong.

Putting the rest in the 'frigidaire' as my polish granny would have said, I noticed the pizza box had tips for parents and children encouraging them to ask one another questions, thus sparking a meaniful attempt at true interaction. At first I thought, has it come to this? Some people are taking the advice off of a pizza box because they are so out of touch with one another. That is so pathetic!

Snowflake and I have a symbiosis of mutual respect for one another. I can't imagine ever being out of touch with him, even though he's just a wee sprite. I thought of my dad. I read those questions again. Maybe if my dad had read a pizza box like this, everything would be different between us.

My dad won't buy shoes that lace up because he has difficulty reaching over his old school beer belly. He is easily irritated by computers, cellphones and dvd players and he uses them habitually. He shakes his head 'no' alot, rolls his eyes and humphs. Yet, I do know how he would answer all the questions I would "ask" him. He wouldn't have a clue to mine.

I'm waltzing here, but then I thought if this sparks some absent or aloof parent to intereact with their child, or the child, rebellious or content to return to the bonds of family, fantastico. Everybody needs to know they are truly loved and respected in this world by their nearest and dearest.

I feel this with Snowflake and it is powerful. Warm thoughts tonight courtesy of Pizza Hut. I can't gag, it just gives Snowflake bad ideas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snowflake has such a great mom. The sad reality is... there are that many people that can't get in touch with their children, and sometimes the opposite! Children not being able to reach their parents. Maybe Pizza Hut thought that everyone who ordered pizza and had a family were trashy for not making "real dinners" (but Oh my God! I love Pizza Hut... sorry, but meatlovers is my favorite). You'd be the perfect foster parent, you just seem like that great of a person. Hopefully I'll get into that... after finding out personally what some foster homes are like, it just makes me sick. It would be a shame if you didn't have more in your life, there are just so many children that would absolutely love to have someone like you. Way to go mamma.

Anonymous said...

Ignore my massive amounts of replies... I haven't been to bed yet in God knows how many hours. I'll write about it later in my blog... you'll fully understand it then :D