Friday, August 10, 2007

My Smile Is My Makeup

carousel

I can remember my departed brother telling me on more than one occasion as he cried, that he wished we could go back to the time when we were kids. I feel those words so deeply, so often lately. At the time, Snowflake was years into the future. They never got to meet each other. I'm happy that things have turned around for my Dear Heart and myself. We've had the best week ever, compared to the nightmare of last weekend.

That's the one good thing. On the other hand, I feel like I don't belong anywhere. I'm not a typical 'mommy blogger'. I don't relate to the bitching and whining and pure love of marital bliss. "Men" may as well be a foreign group from the Maldives. I don't speak their language.

I'm gonna lose my job. I was reminded of that again this morning by dear old dad. I don't blame him(ha-double-ha she laughs sarcastically). The housing market sucks and I am ill prepared to face this life without a job and a three year old alone. Sure, everything will be fine. It'll be great. It makes me wish I was a kid again.