Monday, August 20, 2007

Bill

A guy walks into the office:

Me: Hi Can I help you?

Him: Yeah, I'm looking for you.

Me: Do I know you?

Him: I know you.

Me: *a flicker of times past rushed through my head* Bill?

Him: Good to see you, Heidi.

It was so amazing to see my old high school friend after 20 years. He looked great. Not only were we newbies at a new strange school, we were in the same Home Room. We loved the bond we had and even went to our Junior Prom together. I remember I had Chicken Kiev and bit into a big funky hunky piece of mysteriosness. He ate my entree for me. I mean, hell, he was paying for it.

I always wondered if I would see him again. He brought his lovely wife and two year old daughter. They have twin boys on the way in November. I'm so happy for them. I'm glad my old friend thought of me. It makes me think of...

Some day, when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you...
And the way you look tonight

Thank you, my friend.