Saturday, January 27, 2007

When the Levee Breaks

This morning SF and I got up very late and took leisurely baths, scrubbing up with some heavenly Molton Brown goodness. I was laying naked on the bed, belly down and Mini Naked hops up on me and puts his face on my buttcrack and exclaims, "Mom! Your butt smells beautiful!" Right... I thanked him and laughed.

We've had a bit of success on the pot lately and I told him that today he was going to wear unders instead of his diaper. I asked him if he was okay with that and he said "Yes, I'm fine with that". I explained that he had to hold his pee and poo and ask me to take him to the bano when he felt the urge coming.

We dressed and went downstairs. I took the pugs outside and two seconds later Snowflake pops his head out of the breezeway door informing me that he peed. Back in the abode we go and I repeat everything I said earlier about using cool underwear and changed him into new ones.

He says he understands. We went to three thrift stores, Target and the post office and he was superb. He fell asleep in the car on the way home and now he lays on the leather couch with a big thick towel underneath him in case the levee breaks.

I'm a wee bit nervous about the wee.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a tough time 'cause even though he wants to do his business on the toilet, sometimes the early warning signs that "there's a storm coming" aren't really recognized until it reaches critical mass and then, well, as you say the "levee breaks."

Anonymous said...

I remember when my youngest brother was being potty trained. He's considerably younger than my other brother and myself, and I practically raised him. I remember being so frustrated beyong belief...but it was equally frustrating for the poor little guy as well.

SF will master the art of using the potty :)

LOL! Love the "your butt smells beautiful" bit! He's precious!

Anonymous said...

Uhh...that would be "beyond" and not "beyong"! We had a little dinner party here tonight, so that may explain why I can't form coherent sentences! :) Hope you have a great weekend, Ms.H!

Anonymous said...

What a big boy! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

What a big boy! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Well, if I ever have a 3 year old on my hands, I'll know what to do now! Thanks for the heads up and your golden tips! :)

Anonymous said...

That would have been a cute video. I keep running that vision in my head over and over and laughing my arse off.
Life is grand. We are slaves to our digestive sytems!LOL

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone has ever told me that my butt smells beautiful....and frankly, I think it's a bit late now...Maya's almost 11, and unlikely to do so. ;)