Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Two for Five

It's a week of meme love. I've never done a "100 Things" about me. I don't know if I could sit and ponder myself for that long. This was long enough! Fabulous PyKorry and Christine the Manitoulian both tagged me to do them. Not "them", but you know, memes. PyKorry's was a list of five things you wouldn't know, kind of introspective. Christine's is bullet form, simple. I am going to merge the two/five into one VERY complex, serious tome.

Two Names You Go By:
1. Heidi, Heid
2. Ho-Ho Byrd No, not for "ho" as in filthy ho, just a pet name from my brother.

Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
1. Keen Dakota Boots
2. A ribbed sweater with a hole under one pit(my fave)

Things You Want in a Relationship:
1. Communication (+hot sex)
2. Trust

Two of Your Favourite Things to do:
1. scuba dive- although I haven't gone in years, I was certified in Jamaica
2. throw pots- I have a professional Brent Wheel sitting in my garage, crying for me

Two Things You Want Very Badly At The Moment:
1. my cousin to heal
2. quarterlies and end of year taxes to be done

Two pets you had/have:
1. Dogs
2. a baby chick when I was a kid named Herman(my dad brought us each one home for Easter) My brothers doused them with water, resulting in my father flushing their's down the toilet. Herman went to my friend's granny's farm where I assume he ran away or led a revolt.


Two things you did last night:
1. Played ball with the dogs
2. Read "Rough Weather Ahead for Walter the Farting Dog"

Two People that live in your house:
1. Snowflake
2. our imaginary friends

Two things you ate today:
1. raw sliced almonds
2. Thai Sesame Noodles

Two people you Last Talked To:
1. Snowflake
2. a customer looking for a home

Two Things You're doing tomorrow:
1. going to see my granny
2. pick up my parents mail

Two longest car rides:
1. Madison to LasVegas
2. Wisconsin to Portland, OR

Two Favourite Holidays:
1. Christmas
2. Halloween

Two Favourite beverages:
1. a killer zinfandel(red, that is. I don't consider white zinfandel to be a real wine)
2. Coffee


Five Things

1. SHOES: I have a sickening obsession with Keen shoes. I have 10 pairs. It is akin to my love of DM's in college. When I was in London long ago, I bought and still have the most awesome pair of patent leather cherry red 8-eye boots. I also own a pair of 15 eyelet Tread-Airs that are black patent leather with red patent crosses die cut on the calf. My brother has the same pair as we ordered them for each other for our shared birthday. I have worn them once. I also own a pair of Red Tread-Air(the real English kind, not the cheap Hot Topic kind) Kitty Cat Mary Janes. I also have a pair of black and white DM's that have faces all over them.

My first pair of Doc's? 8 eye blue boots, red laces. I painted octopi on them. I still have them.


2. MUSIC: One year for Christmas, my mother bought me every CD by Billy Joel because I asked for it. I really love Joe Jackson more though. When I was a kid we had a Wurlitzer Jukebox from the 50's. "Maggie May" by Rod Stewart was played ritually. My mom and I crushed on him. She also bought me the first Rod Stewart box set. I don't have the box. I have lost more than three copies of Hole's "Live Through This". I have gone through two copies of Ween's "Pure Guava". I do not take care of these things. Shame on me. They are important.

3. DAMN DIRTY APE(of love): I had to be about nine when my mother and I were watching some award show when he presented something. Secretly I had a crush on Roddy MacDowell. Maybe it wasn't such a secret because when I saw his thick lensed specs, I mentioned to my mom how I thought I might need glasses. She still teases me about this. This could already be somewhere in the archives...

4. PLAYBOY: After college, after I bought my house, after I started working for my dad, I subscribed to Playboy. YES, for the articles. I would recycle them by giving them to the resident office alcoholic. A man I dubbed "Haroldini". When I was younger I always wanted to write for it. I have not read it in years.

5. MARBLES: I like marbles. I like Josh Simpson. I have four of his mini planets, including a Mars. When my dad was eleven years old, he made it to the national championships in Atlantic City. I have his marbles, and I haven't lost mine yet.

Aren't you glad you didn't have to read 100? Whew.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love your lists! Are you sure we didn't tag you to do us and not the memes?? j/k!

BTW, I didn't know you could see sundogs where you live too! Hmmm...and I thought we were special (you know, sundogs and Northern Lights) :) I'm going to try to make a conscious effort to never leave the house without my camera in case I miss something...like the deer that almost jumped into my car the other day!!! It was beautiful, but I prefer to admire from a distance (and not while I'm driving 90 km/hr)!

Anonymous said...

HeeHee We can also see the Northern Lights. We're both special. I'm loving your photo tour of Manitoulin!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I like that you got all of Billy Joel's CD for Xmas one year. A friend of mine is a huge Billy Joel fan. If I had to choose between Joe Jackson and Billy Joel, Joe Jackson would win hands down!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate the name Heidi-Ho? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

And yes, I too WISH for communication and hot sex in a relationship. I just thought maybe I'm asking for too much. HA HA!