Monday, January 08, 2007

Picks the Peppers

I can remember my friend Paul and I had a sick and bizarre sense of humor. One of our favorite lines(I have no idea where we got this) said in a deep gruff voice was,

"Hey, Little Girl, you wanna go around the world?"

I never would have thought years later this line would become the title of Snowflake's favorite song. I've had 'Californication' in the changer in the car for months and recently, 'Around the World' is on repeat. On the way to work this morning we had this conversation:







SF: Mom, put on the Chili Peppers!

ME: Okay, alright.

Song plays...

SF: Hey Mom! I'm into the Chili Peppers!

ME: (Hiding my laughing at that comment) Oh really? Are they your favorite?

SF: Yes!

ME: (singing along)

SF: Hey Mom! Quit talking over the Chili Peppers!

ME: (stunned)

SF: And turn it down, wowder! (Snowflakian for louder)

(Geee, is it any wonder he can't stand the juvenile stylings of Kindermusik, where this semester's theme was 'Milk & Cookies'?)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snowflake is one cool kiddo! Great taste in music too! :)

Anonymous said...

Lets get him listening to Tom Waits and Janes Addiction

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I LOVE me some Californication...

When Maya was that age, she was really into the Beastie Boys, 'Intergalactic'. She's a cool kid, too. ;) And kids bop and crap? No f-ing way.

Anonymous said...

Boy, SF has some good taste in music! Can't say the Peppers' follow up was good, because it wasn't! But Californication was a great CD.

Anonymous said...

OMG. I haven't heard of 3 yr-olds talking like that, let alone telling you to shush so he can hear Californication "wowder". He's a sharp one!~!~! I wonder what he's like in his teens. Swoon~!

Anonymous said...

At least you know the boy's got good taste!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant - definitely try out some Jane's.

Dudelet's always had a mixed response to music - though an account of one listening did get my blog discussed on the Warp Records message boards ("Hey - there's a guy here makes his kid listen to Aphex Twin!").

The lullaby I've sung to him since he was a few days old is Mark Kozelek's arrangement of AC/DC's "Bad Boy Boogie". He still finds it very soothing...

Anonymous said...

I seem to have manged to unsend my comment. Wonder how that happened?

Anyway, definitely agree on the Jane's. The more you can throw at them and the earlier, the better. And they really do listen, don't they?

Dudelet's given a mixed response to music so far, though one post where I described one of our previous listening sessions got me talked about on the Warped Records bulletin boards ("Hey - here's a guy makes his kid listen to Aphex Twin!"). The lullaby I've sung to him from birth though has been Mark Kozelek's version of AC/DC's "Bad Boy Boogie". Grows more appropriate each year...

Anonymous said...

that's my godchild! Maybe introduce him to some Fergie and the Black-eyed Peas...my hump my hump...I can just hear him singing that song...a big LOL!

Anonymous said...

It's only a matter of time before he discovers The Dead Milkmen.

Anonymous said...

I have Tell Me Baby from the Red Hot Chili Peppers as my ringtone and Big Cubby sings it all the time. So Cool!