Wednesday, March 07, 2007

One-Eighty

I stopped to get one of my favorite vegetarian subs last night. It's called a "Jacob Bluefinger", hold the mayo, add onions and oil. There's a cute dude listening to Janis Joplin (Take a Little Piece of My Heart) behind the counter, wearing a chunky brown knit cap pulled down low and two layered tees: one longsleeved and black the other a green faded pigment dyed short sleeve. Sandy golden short curly locks peeping out and sexy rectangular wire rimmed glasses. He had to be mid-twenties, tops. I told him my order and he says,

"Cool. Would you like vinegar on that?" smiling.

"Sure" I smile back.

He asked me how the roads were and we chit-chatted mindlessly for a few minutes. I noticed a sign- "Try Our Hummus".

"I didn't know you guys had hummus. Do you make it yourselves?" I say to my college grunge dreamboat in days of yore.

"Yeah. It's pretty good. Cool. You like hummus? We don't make it here, but I make my own at home," he illuminates towards me, bagging up my order.

I'm intrigued and thank him for my order. He tells me to take care and drive safe. I head out the door into the cold snowy blustery night and jump into my big ballsy vehicle and drive away with a little warmth in my heart. A spring in my step. A submarine on my mind.