Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lambchop or Oscar?

It's 9-ish and I'm at home. Yesterday my mother brought Snowflake home(she had him overnight for two nights), and she complains she has no time for anything, she looks like shit and blah blah blah. Did I tell myself this shit would happen, of course. Sometimes I really despise having such a teensy microcosm of a family. She informed me that I wouldn't have to work Thursday or Friday.

I am a 38 year old puppet and it sucks. Although I have a Bachelors degree, in this town that translates into jack shit. When I graduated I applied for a job at a big insurance company here and they wondered if I was interested in a janitorial position. I know why this town suffers from Brain Drain, IT SUCKS!

Ideally I'd like to be Photoshopping and Illustrating in some little cubicle, that would make me happy. Unfortunately, my mortgage wouldn't handle the drop in salary. I make more working for my family. I could refinance my house for 30 years, but I only have seven left on the current one. So I am fucked. When will I ever not be?

On top of it all when he wakes up this morning, Snowflake says he wants to go back to his Nana's house. He has told me more than three times that he wants to live with her and he doesn't like me. Ouch. OUCH.

Did I mention how much I adore my meez?