Thursday, March 22, 2007

Breskist to Bureaucracy

I live with a three year old and three very hairy dogs. Thankfully the entire house is hardwood with a smidge of stick down black & white tile in the kitchen that will be replaced soon. I had the day off and we woke up early. Immediately we sprang out of bed as if it were the best day ever. Was this really me? I plied Snowflake with cold cheese pizza for 'breskist' and decided to bathe the furry freinds.

Two pugs and a boxer later, my gorgeous English made soaking tub looked like the bath scum of a caveman going through chemo. I had enough hair to knit sweaters for parakeets or maybe 100 mice. There was enough to make a Halle Barry in the short years style wig, multiple highlights and all.

The real work began by vaccuming the entire abode, depriving the plentiful dust bunnies of more wispy frolicking. I then scoured the bathroom upstairs and scrubbed all the floors. The windows were open and the house was a fresh as a virginal snow capped peak, or a dewy forrest glenn at sunrise, or a newly blossoming mountain meadow.

We walked the dogs and went for ice cream. At the last moment I sprinted like Superman into City Hall to apply for a variance so that I can put up a four foot fence in my backyard. I had to pay them $122 for something they will most likely not deny. I have to wait until almost one month from now because they only hear pleas from their loyal taxpayers once a month. Bullshit at its finest. Regardless, it was a most wonderfully productive day.