Friday, June 29, 2007

Remember When?

The other day Paco and I were talking at work. His wife told him that his niece(my cousin's daughter: age 13) told her she was no longer friends with a certain girl(his own daughter is sixth months younger). The conversation went like this:

"Oh My God, Heid. Katie is no longer friends with whaaa wuh whaaa wuh," he says, brow raised, somehwhat red faced.

"Why?" I say, eating raw almonds, crunch, crunch, crunch.

"Because she got fingered."

OMG. REE REE REE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"OMG. Ugh. Remember those days? That's ugh. Ack."

"I know, I know" he says, yammering, "I don't even want to look at this girl anymore!"

"You have so much to look forward to! I'm so glad Snowflake is a boy," I blurt, freaked and laughing.

"Heid, I don't even want to think about it."

Neither would I.