Monday, June 11, 2007

I Get Misty

All day I thought about my little guy, wondering how he was geting on, if he could relax into naptime(he's never been a napper willingly) etc. By 4:15 and after way too much Bravo, I had to go and get him.

When I arrived, there was a note on the door saying they were on the playground. I went towards the lock down and had to knock to get in. The nice girl gave me the code and showed me to the area.

There he was, captain of the ship, looking out of the telescope at the top of a tower. I met his other couselor "Kim" and got the low down on the first day. Both of his counselors are the most adorable sweet young things you could hope for.

"How did he do? This was his first time away from home" I said.

"Oh he did really well. After lunch though, he said 'I just want to let you know that I'm going to start crying in a little bit because I miss my mom'. He did great!"

Big HUGE lump in my throat as she's telling me this and my eyes well up with tears and then Snowflake spots me and I hear his sweet chipmunk voice chirp, "Mamma!"

Oh, dear friend, my heart melted. I am so proud of him. I have never loved someone so much. I'm so fortunate we are sharing this journey together.