Monday, December 18, 2006

Half Empty

I can't imagine my life without my mother. I hate to think about it. If I didn't have her, I can only really think of one other person who would give me emotional support and it's not my dad.

She stopped in at the office today after her physical just to "give Snowflake a hug". Nothing unusual or weird. Then she casually mentions that her new doctor said her cervix was inflamed and that he scheduled an appointment with a gynecologist for her tomorrow.

Tomorrow! He must think something is hideously wrong because that's fricking fast. Normally they'll say we'll check you in a month or two and blah blah blah. Not this time.

This combined with her constant lower backache and two other instances of weird unexplained abdominal pain lead me, Dr.-Heidi-Everything-is-Fucked-Up, to naturally assume the worst.

It's one of a few things I'm good at. So all afternoon I've been reading about inflamed cervixs' and thinking tomorrow my mother is going to find out she's terminal. Merry F-ing Christmas. As usual, Worst Case Scenario is where I've steered the ship.

As my polish grandmother would have said "So goes..." And now I wait.


PS... Sorry about blabbing about your cervix all over my little corner of the web, Mom.